An award-winning 20-minute documentary on LIGO, Laser Interferometer Gravitational Wave Observatory. The video examines how LIGO is spearheading the completely new field of gravitational wave astronomy and opening a whole new window on the universe. It explains how LIGO's exquisitely sensitive instruments may ultimately take us farther back in time than we've ever been, catching, perhaps, the first murmurs of the universe in formation. Above all, Einstein's Messengers is a compelling, thought-provoking production about the drama of the scientific quest.
Gravity: Making WavesGravity may seem elementary. But proving Einstein's theories about it is quite hard. To do so, scientists are struggling to capture gravity's most elusive hallmark: the gravitational wave. In Livingston, LA, USA, scientists have constructed a sprawling facility dedicated to the detection of minute changes in spacetime caused by gravitational waves traveling from energetic events in space — the Laser Interferometer Gravitational-wave Observatory.
- Research Associate Position in Gravitational Waves under CEFIPRA project at IIT Bombay, Department of Physics
- Long term project position at CMI in Gravitational Wave Astronomy
- Astrophysics, Gravity and Theoretical Elementary Particle Physics Postdoctoral Positions in Department of Physics, IIT Bombay
- Senior Experimental Lab postion for LIGO-India at IUCAA
- LIGO-IndIGO summer research program