Three decades of radio observations of the binary pulsar PSR B1913+16 continue to show that the nature of gravitational waves is very much like that predicted by Einstein's General Theory of Relativity! The system's orbital period has been decreasing at a rate 0.997� 0.002 times that predicted by General Relativity due to gravitational radiation damping. This provides one of the most accurate experimental evidence of the validity of General Relativity.
ApJ Article (astro-ph)
- Research Associate Position in Gravitational Waves under CEFIPRA project at IIT Bombay, Department of Physics
- Long term project position at CMI in Gravitational Wave Astronomy
- Astrophysics, Gravity and Theoretical Elementary Particle Physics Postdoctoral Positions in Department of Physics, IIT Bombay
- Senior Experimental Lab postion for LIGO-India at IUCAA
- LIGO-IndIGO summer research program