Three decades of radio observations of the binary pulsar PSR B1913+16 continue to show that the nature of gravitational waves is very much like that predicted by Einstein's General Theory of Relativity! The system's orbital period has been decreasing at a rate 0.997� 0.002 times that predicted by General Relativity due to gravitational radiation damping. This provides one of the most accurate experimental evidence of the validity of General Relativity.
ApJ Article (astro-ph)
- Max Planck Postdoctoral Fellowship at the International Centre for Theoretical Sciences, Bangalore
- Post-doctoral Position under CEFIPRA Project on Gravitational Waves at Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram, India (IISER TVM)
- Max Planck Prize Postdoctoral Position in Astrophysical Relativity at the International Centre for Theoretical Sciences, Bangalore
- Multiple Project Staff Scientist openings at IUCAA
- Project Assistant Position in Max Planck Partner Group on GWaves at IISER TVM